Wednesday, April 4, 2007

The Simple Things

Today I decided to do something I haven't done in a while...take it easy. Everything that needed to happen did: prayers, catechism questions, breakfast, lunch, dinner, naps, and the bedtime routine.
But in addition we:

Drew pictures on the stepping stones...



Had a tea party...


And enjoyed a walk through the garden...

Sometimes it really is better to forget all the things you wish you could do or think you'd rather be doing and just enjoy the things around you. Today I took a break from that feeling that if I could just have more time or more quiet I could get things done. Lo' and behold I got more done!I even did extra things that I didn't know I wanted to do but now wouldn't trade for any amount of folded laundry. It is often said that "It's the simple things in life that make it grand," and as long as we can slow down enough to notice, it really is. God has blessed me with so many things simple and beautiful.

2 comments:

Leticia said...

And you certainly have a talent for sharing those beautiful things!
What a lovely walk I just enjoyed through your garden!
Welcome to the blogosphere, fellow traditional Catholic homeschooling mom!

Sanctus Belle said...

Beautiful pictures and a beautiful blog! Welcome to our little warm and fuzzy league!