Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Square Foot Gardening Continues


My husband added the soil to the beds and I laid out the grids. It was so nice of him to do it before going to work (not on his top ten things to do with his spare time I am sure). I have yet to secure them together and therefore I was not concerned with getting the squares exactly 12" yet. The laths will be secured with some small machine screws and bolts put through holes I will drill at each intersection.
The plants will go in tomorrow since the weather is quite windy and cold. I would feel bad putting the little plants in the ground with such shocking conditions. A little sunshine will make the transition so much nicer.
Since this is my first attempt at any serious sort of gardening, I will surely make a million mistakes. If you see any major ones, that I can fix, or do differently next year, let me know. I would appreciate any feedback and or advice.

1 comment:

Maremone said...

I'm at the same exact stage you are in this picture. I'm starting the process pretty late in the season and not sure if anything will grow since it's 114 degrees here in AZ :)

I would love to see some updated pictures of your garden if you have them.